reLeaf Therapy CBD Hemp Flower Tea Recipe
reLeaf Therapy CBD Hemp Tea
The best part about this CBD hemp tea recipe, is that it can be made using hemp cannabis that is high in CBD, and low in THC. You can use reLeaf Therapy CBD hemp flowers that are rich in the full spectrum cannabinoids such as CBD, CBDA, CBG, CBGA, CBC, CBN, & more!
When using pure fresh hemp buds, you will use a process called decarboxylation which must be performed before the brewing process to effectively convert and release the therapeutic effects of CBD into your steaming hot cup of tea. This may sound confusing, but it's very simple to do.
How to decarboxylate CBD hemp flower for hemp tea:
A lot of consumers assume that THC is the only element that requires activation to be effective, but CBD also needs that extra push. To decarboxylate your hemp you will need a few tools, some patience, and an oven.
What you will need:
- 1 gram of reLeaf Therapy hemp or cannabis flower
- 1 Baking sheet/pan
- 1 Herbal grinder (optional)
- Parchment paper
Instructions for decarboxylating CBD hemp flower:
- Preheat an oven to 230°F.
- Grind up the herb using a grinder, then line the baking sheet/pan with parchment paper. NOTE: You can use your hands or scissors if you don’t have an herbal grinder.
- Sprinkle the grinded hemp flower across the middle of the lined baking sheet/pan.
- Bake the hemp flower in the oven for 45 minutes to decarboxylate.
- Remove CBD hemp flower from oven after 45 minutes.
CBD Hemp Tea Recipe
Edibles are a treat but our hemp tea beats most recipes out there with how fast it is to put together. The best part is that you can personalize the flavor and keep things interesting by switching up the type of hemp flower strain or tea bags used, which can help to keep the effects of this CBD tea fun and enjoyable.
You will need:
- 1 gram of decarboxylated CBD hemp flower (per serving)
- 1 tea bag (per serving)
- 1 strainer
- 1 mug
- 1 pot for boiling water
- 1 cup (8 ounces) of water (per serving)
- (Optional) Flavor additives - honey, extracts, sweeteners, etc.
- Place your decarboxylated CBD hemp flower in an empty boiling pot.
- Fill the boiling pot with water and bring it to a rolling boil.
- Once the water is boiling, lower the heat to a simmer and let sit for 10 minutes making sure to stir every so often.
- Pour the hot water into a mug with a tea bag. Use a strainer to catch any pieces of CBD hemp flower so that no flower spills into your tea mug.
- Gently stir for a couple of minutes before adding any flavorings like sugar, milk, honey, or cream.
- Remove the tea bag from the mug, and gently press, to release the delightful aromas and smells of your favorite tea.
- Your CBD tea is now ready to serve and is best enjoyed while hot.
- For a nighttime tea which can aid you in falling asleep make sure you choose a tea which contains no caffeine. We recommend a bedtime tea such as Celestial Seasonings Sleepytime.
- For a daytime tea choose a Sativa dominant strain and for a nighttime tea choose a Indica dominant strain.
- When buying CBD hemp flower, make sure you choose a company that is USDA certified organic so you can guarantee you are getting the best quality. All CBD hemp flower strains that reLeaf Therapy offers have the USDA certification and can be found here.